In order to apply the new YorkU template to your WordPress website, you must have Administrator privileges. If you do not have this level of access to your website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make these changes to your site.
How to Implement:
- Assess your content: Make sure your content meets WCAG Level A standards in order to comply with provincial AODA legislation.
- Log into your WordPress website
Any of the following changes to your site will be made live and be immediately visible to visitors as soon as you complete each step
- Adjust your Menus: make sure that your text is succinct and that your sections are limited to a maximum of seven (you can have sub-sections and sub-sub-sections for each). See Site Navigation for more information.
- Apply new template: click on Appearance > Themes. A list of all available themes will be shown. Find the template named York Template 2014 and click on ‘Activate’ (visible when you hover over the image). Once the installation is complete you will be notified that the template has been applied to your site.
- Check that your Widgets appear in the 'Right Sidebar Widget Area': click on Appearance > Widgets to view.
- Check your website in a browser and click through its pages
- Make note of any details that need tweaking and return to the administrator’s area to make those changes.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.