Use the Right Sidebar for items that are complementary to the main content (ie. supplemental elements). These include: links to other York or external websites, promo buttons or contact info.
Examples of elements to include in your Right Sidebar:
- Social media icons
- Site search box
- Promo Buttons (maximum of 2)
- Link lists (eg. links to other York sites, external links and/or links to specific page(s) on your website)
- Contact info
- Parent organization link
- Event listings
- Question boxes
- Social media feeds
Items that should not be placed in your Right Sidebar include:
- Top-level navigation items (place these in your Site Navigation area)
- Core content (text that continues from the content area)
- Blocks of text that are more than 65 words long (place this in the content area)
How to Place an Item in the Right Sidebar:
- Log into WordPress
- Click through Appearance > Widgets
- Click and drag elements from the Available Widgets section (on the left) to the 'Right Sidebar Widget Area' section on the right.
Changes are made to your site live, so there is no need to save your changes.