Announcements in your right sidebar give you an opportunity to add a brief amount of text to your pages that highlight a person or event. It should be a temporary item.
Tips for use:
- Keep text brief (30 words or less) and timely
- Default styling is black text on white background. Alternatively, colour can be used for flare, however accessibility issues should be kept in mind when choosing.
How to Implement:
- Log into WordPress
- Click through Appearance > Widgets
- Click and drag element a Text widget from the Available Widgets section (on the left) to the ‘Right Sidebar Widget Area’ section on the right.
- Write your text into the Text widget
- Click ‘Save’ in the Text widget to save your changes